Jaeger Handsfree Dog Leash is an over the shoulder handsfree lead for medium to extra large dogs.
Built with 8 feet of CE rated mountain climbing rope and equipped with two 3.5″ marine grade 316 stainless steel clips with 180lb working load. This Jaeger Handsfree Dog Leash also uses two welded 1 inch stainless steel O rings with an 880lb (eight hundred & eighty) working load.
The first welded O ring is fixed in place at the dogs end, and the second is adjustable on the main lead. A custom stop made from mil spec type lll 550 para cord (breaking load 550lb) allows the second O ring to be positioned anywhere on the main lead. The position of the second O ring determines how much lead is given to the dog.
The clip on the handlers end goes over the shoulder and under the opposite arm clipping into one of the two O rings on the main lead.
Use the Jaeger Handsfree Dog Leash for trail running, jogging or hiking with your big dog.
A variety of colors are available and listed in the drop down menu. Please contact us if you don’t see what you want. Custom lengths are available but most find the standard 8ft length is ideal.
We appreciate your interest in our custom dog leashes. – Josh Sterling
Specifications and Materials:
• Limited Lifetime Warranty
• Rope diameter: 9.5mm – 10.5
• Length: 8 feet – Custom lengths available.
• Rope Material: Multi-Stranded Nylon/Polymer Fibers. Meets UIAA standards.
• Rope Manufacturer’s Origin: USA
• Clips: Two – 3.5 inch 316 Stainless Steel Swivel Clip
• O-rings: Two – 1 inch welded Stainless Steel. One fixed, second floating on main lead with adjustable paracord keeper.
• Paracord Keeper: 550lb 7 strand US Mil Spec paracord.
Submit your review
I have had my Jaeger Lead from MyDogsCool for almost two years and it is an excellent, well crafted, durable product using quality materials. I recommend their products highly and when and if I need another lead, will start my search here.
Regarding Jaeger Leads in general, If you have a well trained, obedient, heeling dog, you should seriously consider using one - it allows hands-free walking while maintaining control (grab the lead if needed). I have a Deutsch Kurzhaar and had never seen Jaeger Leads until I started training with other DK owners - as the name suggests, the lead is more common in Germany. I had only seen leather Jaeger Leads (and knew I did not want leather) except for one an owner made himself from a thick rope commonly used for horse gear, so I searched the internet and found MyDogsCool. I ordered the carabiners on both ends and love the product.
I have a few product comments:
- I don't think a "power grip" was an option when I ordered - I think that would be a great addition - when I do grab the lead for control, I usually grab at the carabiner, so having this "power grip" there would be great.
- My lead did not come with the fixed o-ring at the dog's end - probably because I got the carabiner upgrade, but I was expecting it to have this and at the time I thought would have liked to have this, though thinking now, I don't have a specific application to cite.
- I would, however, like to have a second "floating" o-ring - I wear the lead over my shoulder with owner's end clipped to the one floating o-ring even when my dog is off-lead - the second floating o-ring would give me a great place to clip the dog end of the lead when the dog is off lead and would have other uses as well (clip poo bag container, etc.)
- I don't notice the overall weight of the lead in every day use, but when going on long day hikes, when my dog is mostly off leash (on e-collar) and I am carrying the lead, I would much prefer a significantly lighter lead. as my dog is well trained in obedience, I find that I really don't need a thick rope for comfort of grip (to pull dog back, etc.) and could do with a lead made of a much smaller diameter/lighter rope - there is a rope gauge between paracord and climbing rope that I've seen at hiking stores that I'd love to have a lead made of (if MyDogsCool ever offers this, I'll snag one, in the mean time, I'm playing with a super-light paracord leash for hiking)
Thanks so much for the review, and opinions. They are both appreciated, and helpful. Its awesome to hear back from customers that have had time to put some wear and tear on their custom dog leash, and share their opinion on our product. Thanks again!!
I've purchased two of these leashes for my Bernese Mountain dog, one for every day walks, another for hiking. They are amazing leashes with top-notch materials and craftsmanship. I'm really impressed with these leashes and would recommend them in a heartbeat.
Thanks Anh! We're glad to hear you're impressed with the custom dog leash. We like to hear that! Hiking with your big dog is exactly what the Jaeger leash was intended for. We hope you, and your mountain dog make good use of the leash. Thanks again!
My wife and I just got back from our first walk with both the Jaeger leash and the Ultimate leash and I cannot recommend these products more highly. In particular, the Jaeger was great with our just-rescued 140+ pound Great Pyrenees, Max. Max is still figuring out walking on leash, and the Jaeger provided great control during those "Squirrel!" moments that used to threaten rotator cuffs.
Both products are built like the proverbial brick outhouse - top notch materials and construction. From first ordering to the first walk took about a week, as advertised. The website is also right on about the length; 8 ft. worked well for me and I shop big AND tall. And the climbing rope is just awfully cool.
If you are looking for a great piece of kit for walking your beastie, then break out the plastic because you are in the right place.
Shane, we are always thrilled when customers take time to write a review and share their experience on our service and custom dog leashes. Thanks! It is nice to know we came through for you and Max. We hope Max gets accustomed to walking on lead fairly quickly. At 140 + pounds Im sure Max could take you for a walk in any direction he decided to head in. :-)
After an exchange of several emails with Josh I ordered the Jaeger Lead in Pacific Blue. Less than 48 hours later, when I was expecting a shipping confirmation, I received a box from mydogscool.com with my Jaeger Lead!! I was expecting a top shelf lead made from top of the line materials...I was not disappointed! As a retired firefighter/paramedic I am accustomed to working with equipment that inspires confidence when failure is not an option. This lead inspires such confidence. Functional, simple to use, high quality materials, responsive customer service, and made in the USA! Looking forward to showing off the lead. Thanks Josh.
Thank you!! We value all the reviews and customer comments we receive. When a retired Firefighter gives high marks, we know we are doing something right. Awesome!! :-)